Think you gave your house a good clean? Think again. At Immaculate Home Chem-Dry of Orange County, we clean your home’s most important areas. From tile cleaning to restoring your home’s furniture, we are the experts at turning your home into excellent condition. Although our services can’t do all of your home’s cleaning for you, our blog provides some tips and tricks to help you effectively clean your home.
While wiping down the table or sweeping the floor is important, you may have forgotten to clean one or more of the following ten things. Although some of them may seem small and insignificant, they each contribute largely to the overall health and cleanliness of your home.
How many things from our list did you forget to clean?
- Not all trash gets emptied when it’s thrown out. Some of it will either seep or fall out of the bag and become stuck at the bottom. Over time this will accumulate and leave a bad mess with a bad smell.
- What if your phone was dirtier than a public toilet seat? Hate to break it to you but that’s the truth. Think of how often you put it next to your face and how often you touch it. Your phone is home to vast amounts of bacteria, nearly ten times more than that of a public toilet seat. Take time to clean it often.
- Vacuuming should be done at least twice a week to maintain the plushness of your carpet.
- Carpets house bacteria, allergens, and harmful contaminants to give you cleaner air to breathe, kind of like an air filter. After extended amounts of time, however, the carpet can’t trap anymore of these particles and not give you cleaner air.
- How often should you have your carpets professionally cleaned? Most carpet manufacturers say once every 12 to 18 months, while many experts agree at least once a year. If you have kids who spill or pets that have accidents, you may need to have them cleaned at least twice a year.
- Talk to Immaculate Home Chem-Dry of Orange County. We specialize in carpet cleaning that removes dirt, allergens, bacteria, and other harmful contaminants to give you a healthier and safer home. Our stain removal also removes your carpet’s toughest stains.
- The continual hot water and steam can gradually lead to mold and mildew growth on the curtain. Throw it in the washing machine every month or at least once every three months.
- This one could gross you out a bit. It’s amazing at what these collect in order to give us healthy air to breathe. Take caution of the falling and spreading dust when you open vents to be cleaned.
- So many different people touch and use them, makes perfect sense why they should be frequently wiped down and sanitized. Bacteria can stay alive on metal surfaces for up to eight hours.
- This one might not make as much sense since you only put water in them, but it’s still a good idea to wash them often. Being in the freezer next to other foods, it’s important to have a clean ice tray.
- This is not the same thing as the vacuum collector. Most people don’t even bother to touch their vacuum filter. If your vacuum has lost its effectiveness it could be because of a very dirty vacuum filter. Whenever you empty the collector, take some time to clean the filter to maintain good vacuum performance.
- The touchpad collects grease, oil, and other food particles from just about every meal you have. This gets gross really fast. Give it a wipe down!
- Clean and wipe down tile often to maintain color and shine.
- Most people don’t clean their tile often which results in substantial dirt and grime buildup. This leads to discoloration and decreased shine.
- Call Immaculate Home Chem-Dry of Orange County to thoroughly clean your tile to revive its color and shine.
We hope these ten things get a little more attention and care with your house cleaning. For your home’s carpet, upholstery, tile, wood floor, area rugs, and granite countertops, we would love to help! Call us today. Immaculate Home Chem-Dry proudly serves Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Irvine, Garden Grove, Cypress, Huntington Beach, Los Alamitos, Buena Park, and Anaheim.